It all came at once.
No one warned me. There were no signs that said STOP; your childhood is about to END.
It smacked me in the face and left a red mark.
I didn't have a four way or even a two way. It all came at once.
I tried to see if I could go back and fit in those pants that I loved so much with grass stains & trampoline scars. But I was too big; I had grown out of them. I couldn't shrink back down, I couldn't change what the years had done to me.
My little purple shoes that I wore till holes were at my big toe; could no longer travel with me. They just had to sit and gather dust.
My perfect baby doll no longer was taken care of. She just starred & sat; She use to be so much more. But now I can't make her come back to life. My powers are gone. My favorite movie seems so unreal. There is no more left in it but characters.
It all came at once and stole the music that made me creative.
I love you.
ReplyDeleteThis is great. Sometimes it's impossible to write about an abstract thing like LOVE or COURAGE or CHILDHOOD. But you can do it when you find CONCRETE things for your reader to focus on: like the pants with grass stains, the little purple shoes, and the doll.
ReplyDeleteGreat job.
I also love you. This post is FANTASTIC
ReplyDelete