A goodbye never wanted.
A thought never heard.
Moments passed.
Thoughts wasted.
Time.
Dreams turned into reality.
No reply.
Months unspoken.
Promises broken.
Hope.
High expectations.
There is no other way to describe this feeling. This heartless pounding sensation moving through your body. It heaps into your soul, running rapidly through your veins. You feel yourself getting anxious. Your veins pumping harder. The pounding in your chest grows stronger with each breath. It creeps up on you like a shadow, dark and unknown, it stays. You can't sell it at a garage sell, or crumble it up like a piece of paper and throw it away. It comes like a wind storm, fierce with no timetable crashing through everything in its path. You think it's gone, and then it comes back, wanting, needing more. There is no stopping it.
Love.

I love how you describe love as a heartless pounding sensation.
ReplyDeleteI stole that line. "This heartless pounding sensation moving throughout your body."
ReplyDeleteThis poem is unreal. I really got into it. I stole "Moments passed, thoughts wasted...no reply, months unspoken, promises broken."
ReplyDeleteYou describe the feeling of being heartless very well.
ReplyDelete