Saturday, September 8, 2012

Truth.

"I AM STRONG because I know my Weaknesses
I AM BEAUTIFUL because I am aware of my Flaws
I AM FEARLESS because I learnt to recognize, illusion from Real
I AM WISE because I learn from my Mistakes
I AM A LOVER because I have felt Hate
and
I CAN LAUGH because I have known Sadness."

How true is this. Every line relates to different situations that have made me who I am today. Being a teenager can be really hard. You have to learn to be strong enough to say no, to realize you are beautiful without looking like everyone else, you have to become fearless in making decisions, you have to learn to love those that are real and not fake, and you have to learn to laugh. I don't know about anyone else, but I think knowing who you are and what you stand for can be the hardest decsions in your life. You want to fit in and feel apart of something. There is too much pressure on being perfect. Those who look like  they have it all together can often be those that are falling apart the most inside. We never know what people have been through to become who they are today. We cannot judge those around us. NONE of us have the right to do that.

I am strong, beautiful, fearless, wise, a lover, and I have learned to laugh. I read these qualities and I want to think that of myself. I think it is sad when people can only think of the negative about themselves. They don't see their amazing potential. They don't realize what they can do! I must confess that I have had these days. I look in the mirror and sometimes I am not happy with myself. Im not happy with who I am. Those are the days when we can change. We can become better and learn. We can become beautiful, fearless, wise, a lover, and so much more!

Never doubt what you can do. We can all gain qualities we wish to become.

1 comment:

  1. "to realize you are beautiful without looking like everyone else"
    favorite line.

    ReplyDelete